If you are seeking information on how to remix a song or making a “mash-up”, the first place you need to start is with the digital sequencing software that you use.
With the right program, remixing music can be an easy task even if you don’t have any previous experience. Especially if you use Dubturbo.
Ways To Remix In Dubturbo
Once you download the program you can get started immediately:
- To make a true, quality remix, it cannot be done with a mastered version of any particular song. No mastered track can be dissected to separate vocals and music. It simply can’t be done.
- If you are looking to remix instrumentals, then that is fine, but if you want the vocals from any particular song, you will need the “acapella” version, which is a track with vocals only.
For a radio-friendly example, lets say we want to remix Beyonce’s “Crazy In Love vocals” with that sick beat from 50 Cent’s “In Da Club”.
1. Search the internet for “Beyonce Crazy In Love Acapella” and do the same for the 50 Cent track. These kind of files can be downloaded from many sources for free. (In fact, if you searched for “free instrumentals” or similar, you can get heaps of tracks to remix)
2. Follow Dubturbo Tutorial Video Number 3: “how to import your own samples” which will guide you through how to import sounds, tracks, and samples. Apply this procedure to your individual vocal and instrument tracks.
3. On a new track, import the acapella version and on another track, import the beat you want to use.
4. Set your (volume) levels and add any additional samples or modifications.
5. Click the export button to make a .wav or .mp3 version of your newly remixed song.
6. Your remix is ready to go. Spin in at the clubs or pump it at parties!
Remember you don’t necessarily have to use the vocals and beats from other songs. It is awesome when you make you own original beats and just mix in the vocals or samples from other songs. This can all be done in Dubturbo.
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW THE VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Now we are going to explore a brief overview of the the two best remix programs available. So the sake of this exercise, we are going to focus on the cheaper applications, as the most people don’t have $500 + to spend on “professional” programs.
Current price: $29.95
This program is the most user-friendly applications that is capable of making great remixes in various genres. Previously priced at over $200.00 – making it great value.
Super high quality instruments and samples that can be triggered by your keyboard as it acts as a drum machine, makes this software one of the most popular on the market.
Get it as an instant download, add on additional sounds and export the finished tracks to high quality wave files in a single click.
Both Mac and PC versions available.
Current Price: $29.95
This is the alternative to Dubturbo and has very similar functionality. It too was once valued much higher at $189.95 though due to the competition from Dubturbo, it has permanently been dropped.
Get complete, original pre-made beats that can be purchased as additional add-ons for you to use in your own remixes, royalty-free.
Definitely worth checking out.
When looking at selecting a remix program, the primary concerns should be:
Your Level of Previous Experience:
The above programs are generally for beginners to intermediates, however the main thing that you need to be 100% honest with is how much knowledge of music engineering and mixing that you hold. If you do not have any experience or very little, then perhaps start with the easiest to use software.
Many people get so carried away with the concept of being a superstar DJ, that they go out and spend huge amounts of money on one of the professional applications, though soon realize that they are so difficult to use and they simply give up.
Most good programs to not require any external hardware these days. So forget turntable, mixers and midi controllers; the software and your computer is all you need.
Any half-decent program is going to cost you something, maybe around $30 bucks. Pay any less that this amount and you will get nothing but junk – wasting your valuable time and effort. Sorry to say it, but it is the complete truth.